Saturday, August 23, 2014

Funny Turnaround

Well, as luck and cooncidence would have it, I was not met by C in the airport when I arrived in Germany three days go. Due to family matters, she couldn't be in Mainz that day and instead, I was met by a dear friend and had a lovely brunch with her that both nourished my stomach after airport food and also kept me engaged as I battled the inevitable jetlag sleep all that first day. 

But C wasn't there, and it was odd to be in that apartment- except it still feels a lot like home, too. The complication really came with the trip to Scotland that we had planned. I'm not sure if I've told everyone about this, but C and I planned a trip to Scotland almost immediately (approx. 27 hours) after I arrived in Germany as my dearest friend Erin has been living in Edinburgh for the last year and will be returning to the States tomorrow. Rather than be on opposite continents again, we decided to use the opportunity. And after she departs, C and I will embark on the West Highland Way - a long distance walking path into the Highlands.

But the point is, C couldn't be with me to travel to Scotland. But she did manage to find a flight from her current location and now, flipping the planned circumstances, I am on my way to meet her in the Edinburgh airport as she arrives from Germany. :)

Also, the following photo is from my road trip with my mom up the coast of California. I hadn't had the chance to post it yet, but I wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment