Saturday, February 11, 2012

One more week!

Hey!

This day has been a combination of pretty much even parts: 1 part studying for Complex Analysis and Differential Equations, 1 part chilling, and 1 part dashing around Mainz and helping C buy some snazzy clothes to wear at her internship starting in a week and two days!

Yes, from now on when I write about what I'm doing, there's going to be a lot of just "I studied" because we only have one more week of classes. Then, on March 1st I have my 1st exam, my second on the 12th, and my last one on the 20th. That means after this coming Friday, no more homework. Amen. It also means ACTUALLY studying for the ONE exam in each class that determines my ENTIRE GRADE*.

As you might expect, I'm a bit nervous, but I'm also confident in my studying abilities and now just have to get down to it.

The chilling in today started with waiting until past 7 to get out of bed - something that isn't happening often these days! Then there was a lovely breakfast with C before one of my friends came over to study. She stayed for about three hours and after that, C and I had a small snack and then headed out into town. C has two internships coming up - one in Frankfurt for about two months and one here in Mainz for the next academic semester. This (unfortunately) means that she doesn't have the nice, two-month-long semester "break" that I do (I say "break" because my exams are in the middle of it), but it does mean she'll be getting some work experience and it's something new after five semesters of school!

Going shopping was quite a bit of fun - it turns out, about once every two months, I do enjoy a shopping trip. A few of the people reading this know that about me. :) It may also be that I'm better at going shopping for somebody else. In any case, with the spontaneous stop at an ice cream parlor at the end of the trip, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.

I'll be getting dinner ready soon and give myself the night off from work, and it'll all start again in the morning. Right now, though, I feel optimistic and pretty ready. I'm going to get visits from both of my parents in the next month or so, soon I won't have classes and can set into a studying routine, and each day the sun is coming out earlier and staying up longer. All seems to be well. :)

*I may as well note here that I actually only need to pass these classes in order for the credit to transfer back to Mills, but I thought "my entire grade" sounded cooler up in that paragraph, so I wrote it like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment