Monday, February 6, 2012

Here are somethings I've been doing that are NOT studying.

Number 1.
Watching Dara O'Briain, an Irish comedian, do stand-up. I've seen him appear on the show QI several times and always thought he was quite funny, and then in a weak moment after laboriously copying down some Complex Analysis notes, I looked up the first part of a video of his stand-up routine on youtube, and promptly spent several hours watching him and cracking up. I encourage you to do the same. Here is the link to part 1.


Number 2.
Reading interesting articles about neuroscience that Claudia sends me while she's avoiding her work in Germersheim. Oh, the end of the semester makes fools of us all. This one is really worth a read.


Number 3.
No links to show here, but the third thing I've been doing is reading up on the Republican primary that is going on. Interesting, interesting. Some of the candidates (okay, when I say 'some' I mean 'only one') are actually reasonable people, and some are, quite frankly, crazy. What is happening in this world?

Number 4.
Doing fun things like buying sushi for dinner. I'm about to go eat. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to use this comment to request the link to Dara's show, but you've kindly already included it! Hooray! I will treat myself to that to cheer me up after reading about Africa.

    Also, I wouldn't mind a brief runthrough of the republican field, if you have time to spare. Because I really haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with that circus since I left you. Please?

    Finally, SUSHI! I'm jealous. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete