Sunday, September 8, 2013

Alive again.

So, I was absent for a few days - from here, from Hungarian class, from the sunlight and outdoors -- I was very briefly very ill, and am now on the mend, thanks to medicine. I just got whacked in the face with an infection but hopefully, I've now had most of the new germs from this new country and they won't get me again for the rest of the semester!

And guess what? Math starts tomorrow. Math class. I. Get. To. Go. To. Math. Class. It's been --- what, 3.5 months? Is that all? I feel like I haven't sat in a math class in forever. Now, don't get me wrong, part of me is resisting. Part of me wants this time in Budapest to be a vacation, absolutely. But I was talking to someone this evening about the singing he used to do back at his school, and he talked about doing rehearsals for the singing group he directed six days a week during the semester, and I thought, "Jeez, I've never done anything six days a week. Oh--- math! But I never had class six days a week. I just.. did it." Yeah, it was a warm and fuzzy moment. I'm excited.

I'm also excited to have actually baked the inaugural batch of granola bars in my new oven here (an exciting thing: gas oven, so the whole process begins by lighting a match and hoping -- and then, there's the bonus that the dial on the oven just says the numbers 1-8 without any actual temperatures! ) so the kitchen smells like cinnamon and nutmeg, the new batch came out great (many changes from the Berkeley and Oakland ones - new ingredients, no Erin to hold me back from almonds ((darling, when you do come visit, they shall be nut free, no problemo)), no chiaflaxhealthywhatsits -- and this time the new thing was using only honey and dates as sweetener, and absolutely no oil or butter but homemade applesauce with a bit of carrot mashed in as well... sounds nuts, but I swear it's good) - and I'm feeling human again after being on antibiotics for 36 hours. Brilliant how that stuff works.

Okay. As per usual, when I start to feel better after being sick, I want to do positively everything. Get back to the gym, run outside, invite all my friends over, cook everyone dinner, go to all the classes, and be alive again. And also, as usual, I am reminding myself to take it slow. So, I brought one friend some granola bars to try and we chatted for an hour, and that was my big outing of the day. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I am quite hopeful. And it'll be an exciting day no matter what.

Alright. I should sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment