Saturday, March 1, 2014

Instresting

The above is what either I or my sister used to say instead of 'interesting' when we were young. In any case, my dad and I have been having lots of conversations about mindfulness and meditation this morning, prompted for one by this article in the New York Times and also by our talks about going back to Thailand. We've been toying with the idea of revisiting the meditation retreat in which I participated when I was there -- six years ago. Hard to wrap my head around that.

With all the yoga and the rolfing lately (scheduled my first real appointment!) I have been thinking quite a lot about mindfulness and my own history with meditation and things like it. Santa Cruz does that to you. When I went to the 10-day silent retreat, I was sixteen. And it was a changing experience. I wonder what it would be like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment