Sunday, December 4, 2011

Concert and all-around fantastic weekend!


Hey!

The people up there are the ones Claudia and I went to see in concert in Frankfurt! The band is called 'Dota und die Stadtpiraten' (Dota and the City Pirates) and we saw them in a really fun bar in downtown Frankfurt on Friday. After a wonderfully fancy and amazingly authentic meal at a Thai restaurant (:D) we headed over to the bar and then got to hear this woman and her band perform. I posted a link to one of her songs on youtube here a while back. If you didn't listen to it, then - I suggest you look her up on youtube! The band plays lots of kinds of songs- some very jazzy, some more in the reggae direction, and I think on their newest album they went more in the rock direction. It was just fantastic!

After the concert, C and I walked around the city a bit and checked out all the enormous, important buildings there. It really is a business city. It made me feel like Mainz was a tiny village in the country in comparison! Still, somehow walking around in it made me feel important, too. :) We were in a jungle of huge buildings with hundreds of offices and as we were standing next to a particularly imposing one, we saw a glass elevator gliding down the outside of the building, lit up on the inside but it was night outside -- so cool!

Then we got back and proceeded to ignore lots of stuff we need to do and continue instead to feed our addiction to the show Lost. We're in the last season - four episodes left! If you haven't watched the show, you probably think I'm crazy, but hey - it was a fun way to spend a weekend and I actually don't think we got too behind at work.

Class is gonna be over soon and then I've got to go pick up some packages from the post office, run to the grocery store, and then attack the Christmas Card demon once again. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment