Wednesday, December 5, 2012

:)

So, it's December 5th - how did that happen? I swear I was just starting my senior year, I swear I just left Germany a few days ago - somehow, here we are. Four more days of classes, a few tests, and then Christmas break!  I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the non-stress of those days. Yes, I'm trading response papers and Algebra homework for writing Christmas cards, but I think I'll make out pretty well on that trade.

In the meantime, we're spicing up the end of the semester here. There's a holiday party at a friend's place on Friday night, and that should be good fun. But first, tonight, I believe there will be an excursion to Berkeley - hopefully to Café Milano where we can *sigh* work and study, but at least do so in a slightly new environment. There's not too much we can do to change the workload of the end of the semester, but my friends and I are doing our best to make it fun.

On Thursday, I'm giving a talk on my experience at the Carleton Summer Math Program along with another girl who did a different REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates). I'm going to meet with her in a few minutes to organize our presentation, and that should be good fun! I like talking in front of people, so I'm looking forward to it. :)

But the best part of this week is what will happen after that presentation: heading to San Francisco with a bunch of friends to go eat Moroccan food!  (Since Erin is writing her thesis on Morocco and it's due quite soon, we're convincing her to go by saying that it qualifies as "research") Yes, I have things due Friday, I have class then, there's always work to do -- but relaxing and having fun is so important! And as I've mentioned here before, active relaxation is so important - I can sit here in my comfy green chair and "veg" for two hours and still not feel like I've actually relaxed. But going out? This kind of thing is good for the soul. :) I will take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment