Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Musings from a crazy day.

So, I was having quite the hectic day today - a hectic week, really, though full of good things. And as I was sitting with algebra in one hand, a text message in the other, somehow trying to hold on to a grapefruit I was eating, and looking for my iPod at the same time, I paused to write this down in my planner:

"It's really good for me to spend a solid five minutes untangling my headphone cords. Just like it's good for me to first write a blog entry by hand - by good for me, I mean I hate it. My head runs very quickly. Any friends who have ever listened to my train of thought (Gedankenzug - what do you think, German language? Can we make a new word?) know it. So I never go slow. And it's good for me to have to. When I go fast, I make mistakes - computational errors in algebra, weird sentences in an essay - generally tangling things up worse. It's good to breathe and go slow."

Fairly wise and only mildly pompous.

Speaking of things of that nature, another piece of my writing plus lots of other great stuff from other Mills students is on the Poetry for Scientists blog! Please do go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment