Monday, November 11, 2013

Yesterday

I went and saw an incredible musician - Amanda Palmer (please, don't judge her by her eyebrows. Just watch the damn video.) The link I'm giving here is to a Ted Talk that she gave - the first place I ever saw her, and only a few weeks ago. (If you are interested, do check out her songs - in particular, I think 'Want It Back' is a great one. She describes the music in her talk as a cross between Punk and Cabaret, which is a pretty cool combo.) And as it turned out, she was performing in Budapest ( a rescheduled show - it wasn't supposed to be happening during the time that I'm here). It was fucking amazing. There isn't any other way to say it.
The concert was on a boat on the Buda side of the river. It was such a small venue that you could see everything no matter where you were, and the energy in the audience was just amazing. She really is an entertainer.
Leaving the concert at around midnight, looking back at one of the many Budapest bridges. 
 I went to the concert with my good friend Kaia, and we giddily talked about how amazing it was for the entire trip home - both the concert and Run Lola Run, which we watched just before we went to the show. It was such a spur-of-the-moment decision to go to the concert - I only knew about four of her songs, Kaia knew none - and it was such a good one.
Heading home.


No comments:

Post a Comment