Thursday, February 6, 2014

Small adventures in finding a job and keeping busy.

1. One of my friends on Facebook recently posted that it might be more accurate to sign off emails with "Absentmindedly,", "Confusedly", or "hungrily" rather than "sincerely", and I quite agree.

2. While muddling around today in the living room I really felt like saying "quite capable at building fires, given an indoor fire place" and "makes a great cup of coffee" were better additions to the 'Skills' section of my resume than the other ones I could come up with.

3. Finally, I secured one -- just one -- tutoring appointment. And, on a high after introducing myself so well and having it all go over so well at a local high school, I promptly forgot where I had parked my bike and wandered around the campus, hoping the person who had just asked me to tutor didn't see my meandering.

4. Rainy clouds in a dry California make for a dramatic looking afternoon sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment