Saturday, September 10, 2011

119 Hours Until Takeoff

It's raining in Meadville, PA. Does that surprise anyone?

Not really, but what is actually surprising is the fact that in 119 hours, I'll be boarding a plane in Erie, PA, headed for Frankfurt. (Obviously not a direct flight - even though they call themselves the 'Erie International Airport' I'm convinced they only get that title for their annual flight to Toronto)

Until then, I have to do things like talk to various banks, see various family members, visit various doctors, and collect various foods that I'd like to have with me in strange, strange Deutschland. I'm going to enjoy the familiar for these next few days. But really, the familiar doesn't stop when I get on the plane. I've made this transatlantic flight at least four times before and have certainly gotten to know a few special places in Germany. I've gotten to know them so much that in a way, this also feels like going home. When I was growing up, I never thought the word 'home' could be relative, but now I think I understand that it really is, and I kind of love that.

I hope this post is appropriately grand for starting a blog but also not TOO pretentious - I haven't written one of these in a while. I'm sure it'll only get easier.

Thank you so much for coming and reading, and I will be making some video posts along the way if I figure out all this linking-my-blog-to-my-youtube-account-business. Bear with me!
Thanks again for reading, and I'll post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment