Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hello, everyone!

I realize I haven't posted anything in a few days, but I've been a bit busy with classes and weekend plans, but I wanted to take the time now to check in. In short, I had my second week of classes, though still not a proper week. Starting next week, I will finally have ALL my classes with ALL of the workshops and things that go along with them. This week, I turned in my first two homework assignments and had my first Stochastics workshop, but next week, I will actually have workshops for Programming and Complex Analysis as well. This week, I also had my second rock climbing class and I was AWESOME. I was basically just taking a stroll up and down the walls. It was amazing. I'll try to sneak my camera in there next week!

This week was a bit stressful, to say the least, which is kind of upsetting because I only had a four-day week, since Tuesday was a holiday! But this weekend, some fun things are planned. Today, C and I are going to a friends house for lunch, one of the other Middlebury students. Tonight, there's a fair-like thing going on in a small town near here and we're thinking of going there tonight with one of Claudia's friends and that friend's friends. :) Tomorrow, I will be getting together with a classmate to work on Stochastic homework - that might not sound like some fantastically fun plan, but I am so thrilled to be making a connection with another student that I really am over the moon about it. I hope it goes well.

Another exciting thing - Josi will be coming to visit us briefly next week, and next Friday is the International Evening party in Germersheim, so I will be heading there on Friday evening. Also, a little bit more in the future, Claudia and I have bought tickets for a concert in Frankfurt! A friend of Claudia's gave her some amazing music this week, and we've been listening to it ever since and decided almost immediately to buy tickets for this concert on December 2. I'm thrilled already! Here - have a listen:


English speaking friends, if you want to know what she's singing, just ask me!

Also, lastly, I've posted a picture of my lovely, lovely dog Abby here. Okay, so she's not strictly speaking "MY" dog, but rather my family's, and she's still back in Pennsylvania. She is a terrier mix that we got from the pound, probably around 10 years old by now (or a little older), and she's someone that I've been missing a great deal lately! I hope you all find her as adorable as I do.

Alright, as much as I'd love to keep writing here, I should probably get started on my new homework. I'll check in again soon. :)




2 comments: