Monday, January 30, 2012

Back to the ol' grind.

10:00 a.m.

Lecture hall N2

January 30, 2012

My exams are coming closer. That wouldn’t be a problem if we weren’t also getting new homework every day in each of my classes. I may have mentioned this before, but I think you really are a student when you experience the feeling of: “I can’t go to this lecture – I need that time to do the homework for the lecture!”

But don’t worry. It’s all getting done, slowly but surely – classes go until the 17th of February and my first exam isn’t until the 1st of March. *breathe in, breathe out*

This weekend, we had a lovely visit from C’s mom – we spent a lot of time walking around the city and seeing/showing off the sights here in Mainz and going to see a movie (Ziemlich beste Freunde/Untouchables/Intouchables -- amazing film!) on Saturday night, and yesterday, we went to see the Mainz soccer team fantastically beat the Freiburg soccer team. What a game – in the first FIVE minutes, two goals for Mainz, and a red card for Freiburg. Fantastic!

Now, unfortunately, C’s mom had to go back home and for C and I, that means another week has started – classes, homework, trains, going to the gym, wanting to take naps – the whole routine. We’re spicing up the week, though. Tuesday night is Pub Quiz night at the Irish Pub in town, Wednesday is making sushi at another exchange student’s house, and at some point during the week, I’m going to hang out with some of my math friends and reminisce about how much fun the Math Department Ball was last Thursday. J

And a video is in the works. I got lots of great suggestions – show us more of the university/the other students, do a video in German, show us some of the fun things you’ve been cooking, show us what it is you actually DO for your math classes…. Some combination of those things will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment