Thursday, January 5, 2012

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

So, in preparation for the inevitable semester, I have been doing quite a bit of studying these days - rewriting homework assignments, rereading notes, recopying important information from notes, doing new homework, etc. Today, I started doing another very useful thing I have never done before: looking up videos on youtube about what I'm studying. I don't think it is a fact specific to math that often, when you want to learn something, it's good to have more than one person explain it to you - that way, you get a more complete picture of what's going on. So, I've been using the internet to do just that!

Now here is the fantastic coincidence. I'm looking up something rather obscure (well, not obscure at all if you're in a complex analysis class, but I'm assuming you are not) on youtube: I put into the search bar "Complex Analysis Residue Theorem", and the first two hits on youtube are videos from the same guy, and his voice puts me to sleep, so I don't watch them. The third video is entitled:

2553 Math II lecture 14 chapter 6.5 residues and residue theorem part 5


Sounds good, right? Guess what. IT'S IN THAI! I don't know what kind of crazy cosmic coincidence that was, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time - and I haven't heard Thai in forever! I'm gonna go and watch the rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment