Wednesday, May 9, 2012

There's a suitcase sitting on my bed.

It's been ages since I've done this.  A transatlantic flight?  It doesn't make sense! How can I be leaving home to go home?

So, all of the things are ready - fun reading for the flight as well as a bachelor's thesis that I'm reading and correcting for a friend, plus some research materials for the papers I'm writing, plus an iPod and -- and-- am I really going to get on a plane and sit there for nine hours and a few short hours later be seeing my family? It doesn't compute!

I'm so excited, don't get me wrong.  But -- wow. It's just amazing how this country and this city have come to be home for me- this apartment with its creaky floors and coffee pot that I could operate in the dark. It's a part of me now.

But - I waste time.  Gotta get to the airport! I'll let you know when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment