Saturday, August 24, 2013

Some pictures.

My front door - facing the courtyard of the apartment complex.

The first stop on the way up to the Citadel over in Buda, on August 20 - St. Istvan Day!

Looking back over to Pest.

That first stop below the citadel. A pair of girls were just sitting and playing cards between these huge columns, and I thought it was a neat contrast.

Pest.

And more Pest, across the Danube.

Pest to the right, Buda to the left. It's such a lovely river.

A fight between a man and a dragon (I believe the dragon represents facism) and above, the Liberation Monument - a woman holding an olive branch aloft in triumph, built in 1947.

The sky in front of the train station nearest my apartment on my way back home that day.

Fireworks above the Danube for St. Istavan!

And what Hungarian classes look like from my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment