Sunday, July 1, 2012

Being productive feels so good, but now it's time for a nap.

Hey!

So, I underestimated the work I would have to do this week. I assumed that after coming back and diving back in on Monday, I'd have all the time in the world this week not only to get a good chunk of my papers done, but also to write lots of blog entries! As you may have noticed, that last thing didn't happen all that much, though the first thing did pretty well.

It's Sunday right now and I'm sitting with C in the math library on the university campus. That's right, in the library, working on a Sunday. That's nothing. Want to know what we did this morning? We got on the bus at 6:02 in the morning and rode fifteen minutes to the woods where I've gone running before. And we did the 10km stretch before breakfast this morning. Oh, yeah!

It did feel wonderful to be done with your exercise for the day at 7:30 in the morning - and not just any exercise but a properly awesome run. I really am starting to understand the "runner's high' nowadays - for me, the first kilometers are always a bit tricky and if I only do six or seven, I feel alright by the end, but if I run more than eight or nine? I'm flying for that last bit! I just look at the ground falling away from beneath my feet and with every step I feel like I'm blessing my legs for being able to do this wonderful thing, to carry me over the ground like that (especially on days today when I don't trip at all!). It really is a great feeling.  I understand now why some people run so much. This morning it was also so beautiful - the woods just after sunrise, still a bit wet from the rain last night and full to the treetops with singing birds. We even saw a hawk swoop over us twice on the trail.  It was beautiful.

After that, C and I went to a cafe that we just found out about last week that has very fancy and extravagant breakfast only on Sundays - we were up early, so we headed over there. Along with yummy scrambled eggs, rolls, coffee and fruit, we also tried pieces of deer and boar meat on our bread! Quite tasty, actually! And then, full and starting to realize that we were going to be sore later in the day, we dragged ourselves to the train station and got on a bus to the university. Now we've been here a bit more than an hour and I'm starting to feel less worried about my work. True, there's still a lot to do, but I think I'm equal to it.

And it's July. That thought keeps hitting me again and again. July. I don't know how this year went by, but I'm going to live up this last month. And it's not really my last month, anyway. If I have any say about it, I'll be back here again, and it will be soon.

(P.S. Due to computer issues, the radio show has been delayed but not cancelled. I'll let you know when that's gonna be up and running.)

No comments:

Post a Comment