Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Little Lessons from the Past Week

1. If you keep looking at the weather forecast for the night that your amazing birthday bash is supposed to take place (for which you are completely planning on grilling and having a blast outside on the banks of the Rhine), it will inevitably look more and more like it's going to be rainy and cold every time you check the weather website.

2. While you are trying on pants at H&M (Thanks to a marvelous present from C's family -- thank you! I needed new clothes...badly!), the real question is whether your insane running-person's calves will fit in them, not the rest of you. (Here's a funny image for you: I tried on one pair of pants today that were the perfect size for my waist, but one too small for my muscle-y legs, AND they were a marvelous bright green color, which meant that your dear Emily looked exactly like the incredible Hulk in that tiny changing room... I had to stomp around and growl a bit just to be in character. :D )

3. NEVER underestimate how tricky communication between two non-native speakers of a language can be. (I.e. organizing my Linear Algebra oral exam next week with my professor who is decidedly NOT from Germany - and this is just the organizing phase. Let's see how the exam itself goes!)

4. If you think that you are capable of listening to Stephen Fry's autobiography only for the time while walking home from the store, think again. If you are anything like me, you will end up sitting on the couch chuckling to yourself for the next two hours. No joke. What a fun way to blow off studying.

5. Yes, you are about to turn 21. Can you believe it?


No comments:

Post a Comment