Monday, October 22, 2012

I love the rain.

Hey.

So, back from that glorious three-day weekend (three and a half, since I skipped my Thursday night class to go to Santa Cruz). I learned some things this weekend - like, for example, the important thing to do is to walk down the coast to the lighthouse on West Cliff Drive with my grandfather, not necessarily to get a headstart on studying for the Algebra exam coming up. It's okay that I didn't go for a run while I was there, because instead, I got to read some of that book that I've been wanting to read for weeks. It's alright that I didn't start research for my film paper because instead, I picked vegetables from the garden and made a salad, cooked with my dad, and bought a small birthday gift for a friend.

I think I've been going crazy lately because I feel like "real life" is out of my reach. I've been holed up in a cocoon of studying in a self-perpetuating way. Every second has to be used for something, I can't just "do nothing" - and "nothing" is anything that isn't for a class. So, it was refreshing and I think a lifeline to my inner person who is more than just a student to be in Santa Cruz and actually live a little. It was a fantastic weekend.

I'm gonna try to balance that stuff more in the upcoming weeks. Also, - the semester is more than half over. What? How did that happen?

I have to run now, but I wanted to clue you in. I'm sure I'll write again soon. Greetings from beautiful, rainy Oakland. I love rain. It always helps me feel in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment