Sunday, October 14, 2012

San Francisco Day!

So, yesterday, I didn't open a single book, read a singe article, or prove a single proposition. No, it was a homework free day. Erin and I went to San Francisco for the day. It was partially because I found my wardrobe woefully lacking in appropriate winter-wear (i.e. long sleeved shirts and a sweater) and Erin had a few things to pick up. So, we ate breakfast together in my room and then headed into The City, as it's referred to around here.

In the Mall, giving our tired feet a rest...
A lovely San Fran street - the hill was much more dramatic in real life than it looks here.

In case we'd forgotten we were in America.

A fantastic jacket that, don't worry, I did NOT purchase. But the spikes are quite becoming, don't you think?

Then I turned into Humphrey Bogart for a bit.

And finally, a scene outside the restaurant where we'd had dinner with friends of Erin's parents - the nighttime café life made me think once again about how much I miss Mainz.




All in all, quite a lovely day. There will be more soon - I just have to organize it all technologically.

Also, big news: except for one letter of recommendation, my Fulbright application is finished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment