Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Back

Hey.

It's been forever, I know. I had a whirlwind of a weekend - car, plane, plane, car, home, out, home, out, and then do it all over again in the other direction. It was a fantastic weekend for so many reasons. My reason for going home - attending a dedication service at my church to a lovely 8-month-old, at long last officially adopted by two women who mean a lot to me - turned out to be one of several things I did while I was there. I also saw my father in a play, heard my mother play music, visited a friend I hadn't seen in a very long time, and had some nice inner revelations on top of that. Plus, all the time on the plane meant that I finally got the time to read my most recent book and listen to some of another book.

Meadville, as you can see below, was beautiful in late autumn. My body is still confused at the transition from mildly chilly Oakland when I left, to hovering-around-freezing with snow/rain/sleet in Meadville, and now back out 80-degree Oakland. Here at Mills, this week is the calm before the storm of the downhill race to the end of the semester - nothing due this week, no exams, but starting next week? At least one paper or one exam due each and every week until the end of the semester -which is only five weeks away! Someone told me that yesterday. I still don't quite believe it.



No comments:

Post a Comment