Monday, November 19, 2012

Six Minutes to Nine

I'm sitting on a bench in the back courtyard of the math and computer science building. I just finished my third algebra exam - which I calculated is the 28th math exam I have written at this college. There will only be five more. Wow. I really am close to being done.

And this one was... alright. I wasn't terrified and confused, but I also didn't think it was particularly easy - but that's probably a good thing. When I find them easy, it usually means that I make a few careless mistakes. I hope I avoided those this time around. I'm still outside here and not in my room because I decided to wait for a fellow student. Then I'll hike up the hill (possibly purchasing some ice cream first?), do some laundry, and convince myself tomorrow morning that even though it doesn't feel like it, I do have class. My break only starts on Wednesday.

And for this Thanksgiving break, I'm flying down to San Diego to visit my dad's sister and her family.  I haven't actually been to there house since -- goodness. Since I was considerably younger - young enough to have one of my biggest desires be to go to Lego Land, which we did. :)  There's going to be food, tea (I imagine), and hanging out with family -- all things that I very much need after this semester.

And when I get back, not that much changes. I have no thesis due (unlike a few of my friends) and though I will have a final exam in algebra (which will be a bit bigger than our other exams have been) and a few papers to finish, I think the semester will end relatively well. Without too much panic, I hope.

The job front? Well, that's still a looming demon, but I deal with it when I can. Applications here, references there, cover letters and more cover letters. It will get done.

I can hear the bells chiming 9 o'clock. I'll wrap this up and walk up to the dorm soon, and will check in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment