Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 11

So, it's 8:21, May 11th, 2013. At 2 in the afternoon today, I will walk into a very familiar classroom, get a piece of paper, write the honor code at the top, and then take my 31st math exam at Mills College - my last one. It's my last final. So, around 4 o'clock this afternoon, I'll be done with my Bachelor's degree.

This last week has been a haze of studying, not wanting to study, realizing how close the rest of life is, juggling logistics and panicking, and honestly appreciating the community that I've become a part of here. There was studying in cafés with chairs that looked really good in my clothes:
A gift from my tango professor - a cookie that she used to eat when she lived and danced in Buenos Aires (individually wrapped in these tiny boxes!)

And stressed out friends coping by baking.


Now, actual graduation happens a week from today and before then--- I will start my internship. I got an internship here in the Bay Area over the summer. After I fly back to visit my friends and family in PA, I will come back and live in San Francisco until August. I can barely believe it!

Now, I suppose I should actually go and DO this final, though I feel done in every sense of the word already. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment