Saturday, May 25, 2013

"There is a gaping Emily-sized hull breach in my emotional starship."

Friendship, man. Friendship is a pretty damn awesome thing. And in my experience, "going for it" pays off in a big way. I hadn't seen my good friend in more than two years, and when we used to hang out, it was never for more than a few hours at a time, and more often than not it was while we were both working at a café in my hometown. And I just came to stay with him for four days, and it was awesome.

I can feel the sappiness welling up and I'll try to put a stopper in it. Let me just show you a bit more of the trip.

First of all, we went to the Milwaukee Horticultural Domes – three massive rooms (that looked bigger on the inside!) that had different kinds of plants growing in them. One room was the „show room“, so it had a lot of crazy looking plants in a Bayou-ish theme.


The second room (dome) was desert plants, as pictured here:

 
Deserts fascinate me. And the last dome was tropical plants which was INCREDIBLE.


Such a cool thing to see.

After that, I went to a pub with my friend and five more physicists, plus an accountant. It was one of the nerdiest and best nights at a pub that I’ve had at a while. Then, on our long and meandering way to the airport today, we stopped on the shores of Lake Michigan and left our mark.




This area is really quite beautiful and I’m really glad that I got the chance to see it. I do hope to come back. Just such a good trip all over.

And now, Meadville. It’s been a while. We’ll see how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment