Monday, May 13, 2013

There is no shame in not knowing that which you have not been taught.



Have I already posted about this? Someone said it to me a few weeks ago and I realized that it should be completely obvious that it is true, but for some reason, I have a hard time thinking that. I frequently am ashamed when I don’t know something – something I have no cause to know. How silly is that?

My first day of my internship today was a lesson in that.

Also, I’ve been reading up on probability and statistics since it’s looking like that’ll be helpful for this, and I kept having ghosts of knowledge-once-had floating through my head today. It was the weirdest thing! Reading pages and pages on different distributions and the phrase “central limit theorem” came up. I know I had never read those words together in order before, but they sounded familiar, but not quite familiar. Then, of course, my brain responded “Zentraler Grenzwertsatz”—and I remembered. Brains are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment