Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's a rainy day and I love it.

That's right. Today, it's been raining nonstop in Mainz. That means after a long week and busy Friday night, C and I have gotten to enjoy a lovely, lazy day - tea, paper editing, watching a fun series from the early 2000s and looking forward to a fun week!

Let me do a bit of filling in of details. Why was Friday busy? We'll start with that. Well, Friday was busy because we were invited to the Fachschaftsfrühling in Germersheim, basically a sort of Spring Fling for the college in Germersheim, which, as most of you know, is the Translation and Interpretation department of the University of Mainz.  Now, this is more than just a party. During most of the day, there's a really fun fair going on - students from each language department there put together some food specialties from the countries where their language is spoken and make fun signs and decorations and set up a booth on the campus and people can come by and wander through all the booths to try the fun foods.  Last year, I was there for this as well and actually worked with the students in the English department to get everything set up. I think we made 300 cupcakes. Anyways, I've realized that it's more fun when you don't have to be part of the actual work, but then again, someone's got to do it!

What with C's internship in Mainz, we couldn't leave until around 6 from Mainz so we didn't get to Germersheim in time for the actual fair part, but rather for the second part of the day, which is, in fact, just a spring fest dance. However, it's a very well-attended dance since everyone has been milling around the campus all day long anyway for the rest of the festivities. We went and stayed the night with a few friends of C's and mine and had a fantastic time. There was some chilling on their balcony before we went to the dance with punch and a bit of guitar playing and classic song singing. A great night!

However, we were up rather late as one might imagine and were pretty exhausted when we rolled back out of the train and into our apartment in Mainz. But we woke up happy and refreshed early this morning and have proceeded to clean up not only my paper today but also our apartment. True, as soon as I decided to write some more of my paper, the living room started slipping down on the tidiness scale (all the books got scattered around, notebook papers, sticky notes, etc.), but it's still better than it was!

My paper, incidentally, is now 12 pages long. :) True, the conclusion isn't done and that which has not been written yet has also not been edited yet, but the end is near. Then I just have to write the second one! But it feels good.

The week ahead of me looks to be rather relaxed - for strange reasons I actually have no math lectures this week, but still a workshop and still some homework. I hope to be uploading another radio show as well - I've really been enjoying that process. I somehow find that work more natural than when I've tried to make videos. I'm not sure how you guys feel - I'm not even sure how many people listen to or even care about the radio broadcasts- but also unlike videos, right now, I don't even care because it's fun for me.

Alright - I should probably get back to my paper. Thanks once again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment