Wednesday, October 26, 2011

About Yesterday and Today

Hey.

So, I first wanted to apologize for parts of yesterday's entry. I was quite grumpy when I wrote it, and I don't want any of you reading this to think that I'm having a horrible time! Yesterday I was just hoping and hoping that my second day wasn't going to be like my first one, and it wasn't! After I wrote that entry, I had a fantastic time in class. All the things that were written on the board seemed familiar enough not to be scary but also weren't things that I can do without thinking. It'll be the perfect difficulty level, I think. And I'm really glad.

The other reason I wanted to apologize for yesterday's entry was because I know I have a few people reading whose mother tongue is not English, and quite honestly, yesterday's post was just all over the place grammatically. I'm sorry for any difficulty that caused!

Right now, it's 9:43 and I'm in the classroom that I had such trouble finding on Monday. True, I clearly still have to work on understanding the bus schedule and getting an idea of how long it takes me to walk from the bus stop to the classroom so I don't end up in every classroom half an hour early.

This will be my second Stochastics class. Tomorrow I have Differential Equations and Analysis again (again at 8 - oy. :P), and I'm kind of looking forward to it! But this afternoon, I also have my first Ancient Egypt History course. Right now, I'm more concerned with getting to the classroom on time (my Stochastic professor teaches to the very last minute of the hour, and the next class isn't in this building -- but don't worry, I DO know where the Egypt class is. :) ) than about what will actually happen in the course. If I do like it and decide to take that course, then I'll get the opportunity to write a 10-12 page research paper in German. Oh my goodness. I'll let you know how that goes once it starts!

Tonight, I also have my first JUGGLING CLASS! Yes, they offer Juggling as a sport thing here, and I think at least one of the other Middlebury students (and possibly Claudia, if I can drag her along) will be coming with me to the class tonight. We tried to go to a rock climbing class last night, but I had read the date wrong on the schedule, and it's actually on Thursdays, so tomorrow I'll try again.

I think I'll leave this entry here and go and put my schedule into my new fancy planner that I bought yesterday... Yes, these 'Moleskine' notebooks are incredibly expensive, but they're SO nice... If you didn't know it about me already, I have a real attachment to office supplies. I could spend hours in a stationary store, and you won't believe how much fun I am about to have writing in where my classes are and when in this planner. Oh, and I can't WAIT until tonight when I can go and color code them with the lovely marker-pens that Claudia said she would get for me today!

I'm such a geek, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment