Monday, October 10, 2011

First Day in Scotland Recounted (Part 2)

This was the last gorgeous view of the cemetery that we saw as we were leaving. I really felt like autumn had started when I heard the crunching of the leaves under my feet. It was a very neat transition of seasons while we were there. When we left Mainz, it was still very summery - 26 Degrees for my Celsius readers, definitely the 70s for my Fahrenheit ones. Absolutely lovely. But the wind and rain and leaves littering the ground in Scotland made me feel that summer really was leaving, and now that we're back in Germany, the change has caught on here, too.
This is a fantastically imposing church on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh into which we did not venture, but I still found it cool!


Above here we see Claudia in her 'model-pose', keeping the hair out of her eyes in the strong Edinburgh wind. I really like it! :)

And this last photo is of the remains of our dessert the first night - we ate at a Sudanese restaurant and it was DELICIOUS, and the dessert was coconut ice cream, served inside the coconut shell. I thought about taking a picture before I had eaten it, but then I couldn't resist, so all you can see here is the aftermath!
And that was our first day, for the most part. When the video about Scotland is up on youtube, you'll see a bit more about the cemetery and the city, but for now, I'll move on to day two!

No comments:

Post a Comment