Saturday, October 1, 2011

Video Soon - I promise!

Hey! So, I just wanted to share a few things this morning.

1) Yesterday, we managed to get our washing machine -- yahoo! So, we got the washing machine from a nice American girl who lives on the second floor of this building, and she had her boyfriend (German) and another friend (English) helping her move, and Claudia and I were there, so ----> Basically, we had the perfect setup for a joke. Two Germans, two Americans, and an Englishman are moving a washing machine up four flights of stairs....

It went swimmingly, though. The English guy was fantastic at maintaining morale, Claudia had good ideas about how to go about the tricky corners, and the other German guy and I just held on for dear life and tried not to let anybody drop the damn thing. Fun!

2) I got almost the entire IKEA wardrobe set up by myself! Now all that's left is to attach the doors, and it's already up against the wall, on the most even bit of floor I could find in our bedroom. Also, after a lovely breakfast (Courtesy of one fantastic Josi Laqua!! -- see picture! :D ) , we got our final shipment of IKEA stuff -- OUR COUCH! Hooray!

3) I made tacos last night, including guacamole and it was delicious!

4) A lovely guy from the nearby appliance store is coming over in an hour or two to help us connect the washing machine, so we won't flood the kitchen when we use it. Yes, the washing machine is in the kitchen. Yes, along with the oven. And the fridge. And the shower. :P Luckily, we got a new breaker and have a bit more power running to our appliances now, so we hopefully won't blow a fuse if we try to wash clothes and shower in the same day.

5) I really am trying to get that video finished! I will try try TRY to get it done today. I hope you like it!

6) My new favorite song is 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica. I'm putting a link in the playlist box. Go listen to it, people!

And see the next post for a picture of the lovely LOVELY care package that Ms. Laqua sent us! Danke, Josi!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment