Thursday, October 27, 2011

Minor Breakthrough - Major Happiness

Hey!

Right now, I'm sitting at a table with a bottle of Apfelschorle (friends in the states -- you know how I always mix apple juice and Seltzer water when I get the chance? Here, they do that for you and sell it to you in bottles! Also, they have vanilla coke in almost every vending machine. How cool is that??), a tomato-mozzarella sandwich, and a bag of walnuts. I just had another Analysis class and it went FANTASTICALLY. I mean, there were even moments when I knew what the professor was going to say (in German, mind you!) before she said it. Yes, there were moments where my main thought was just "huh??", but those are things I can look up. I'm just so thrilled right now.

Last night, I also went to the juggling class, and MAN was that fun! Next time, I'll take a camera so you all can see the huge gymnasium area with thirty people standing at various places in side it throwing balls, rings, or pins into the air and all sorts of other craziness! It was fantastic. I'm going to buy myself some juggling materials tomorrow. :)

I actually ought to get to doing some of my homework, but I wanted to just write this little bit. This weekend, I'll be going with the other Middlebury students staying in Mainz and also the ones from Berlin to Weimar. As far as I know, Friday night is mostly just the train ride and then dinner at a restaurant that is so good Middlebury brings the folks there every year, and on Saturday we have a tour of the city and then in the afternoon, I'll be hanging out with Claudia and the lovely Josi, who lives not too far away from Weimar. On the Middlebury group will be going to Buchenwald, and I'm not sure if I'll be going with them. I was there before with my German class from high school, and I'm not sure if I want to go back again. I do think it's an important thing for anyone to do at least once in their life, but - like I said, I'm not sure what I'll be doing.

Right now, I think I'll use some of the AMAZING marker pens from Claudia to write down some translations of my math homework and then maybe get started on that. This day is turning out to be so much better than I expected. And the actual rock climbing class is tonight (I had the date wrong - did I mention that?). And then, Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment