Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Rare Sight


I’m sitting in the SFO airport now, at the very end of a very long hallway, down an escalator, and to the left. And I found an outlet that wasn’t surrounded by too many people so I could plug in my computer and am sitting here and was checking my connecting flights, etc, when the crowd of crewmembers fort his flight appeared next to me. And right now, I am witnissing the welcoming of a new stewardess to a group that clearly have worked together before, the general pre-flight pep talk, and the discussion of any special passengers (food allergies, needing wheelchair assistance, etc.) and where they are sitting in the plane. They are all so jolly! I’ve never seen this before – but it’s so exciting. J

Also, it’s the first time I’ve heard German spoken by real-life people (not the ones on videos I watch for Model UN or clips from the Tagesschau) in months. They probably think I’m crazy for smiling so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment