Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just a bit of field theory at Starbucks in Mainz.

I promised pictures and then I didn't deliver. Yesterday was a whirlwind of jetlag and emotions. I saw my good friend from all of my math classes last year, we had coffee and ate waffles and wandered around the city - it was a stunning day. Gorgeous and sunny and crisp. And in the evening, I saw Django Unchained - brilliant films. Absolutely brilliant. And in between, I just thought about life - about graduating, about next year, about where I might be in ten years - nothing like being out of one's normal routine to make a person think.

Dorkily enough, the only thing I took a picture of yesterday was the beautiful aisle of pens in a office supply/crafts store downtown - the rest of Mainz is still here, too. The beautiful temple made of green glass, the river, the cathedral - but I guess right now, I'm taking it in more than taking photos of it all. But I think I will get around to pictures soon.

In the meantime, I'm going to prove a polynomial is irreducible. I had an amazing time this morning going through my old notes from Stochastik, Funktionentheorie, Differenzialgleichungen, and Lineare Algebra last year. I was sitting on the floor with those textbooks surrounding me, in addition to two books about programming in Java and my notes from Algebra this year, and - I just don't want to stop learning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment