Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hannover Part 2

For those of you who don't know, in Thailand, the nickname given to me by my host family (and thus the name everyone called me) was BaiTong, which means banana leaf. Very, very sexy. J, however, had the much sweeter nickname of Tawan, which means sunshine. However, she was kind enough to take me by this place in Hannover, and that prompted a long and positively lovely discussion of all we had gone through in Thailand, and perhaps the beginnings of a plan to go back together. I can't believe how young we were when we were there.






 And impressive amount of bicycles at the Bahnhof in Göttingen - the city is full of plaques on buildings that say which famous mathematician, physicist or sonst was lived there (or at least spent one night) - and as I was coming back from having Döner with my physicist friend, we found the plaque for Alexander von Humboldt, and as he was the subject of a book I just read (Die Vermessung der Welt - Measuring the World in English - I can't recommend it enough), I was pretty excited.
A very empty train station where I had a 25 min. "layover"



It was just me and some snow.



Wintry landscape - I forgot it was still winter in not-California.

No comments:

Post a Comment