Thursday, June 20, 2013

Another moment to come tumbling down to reality.



So, today there was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing in the city for various work reasons, but it was actually quite lovely to not be connected to a computer for the whole morning (on that note, I realized that where I used to come home and want to hang out on the computer doing - well, nothing really, games, internet, etc - but now? Computer is for work. When I get home it sits in my bag!) and it was a gorgeous day in the city. But, after walking around and being out in the sun all morning, I was pretty dead when I got back to the office. (In addition, this morning, at least three times I was convinced it was Saturday and then realized it was only Thursday, then forgot again and realized again, etc…) So, that was my morning, and then I went to get myself a cup of tea, slightly more than slightly grumpy and tired, carrying a coffee cup with some water from a few hours ago and whooooops! My ankle spun and I splashed water on to the floor and caught myself quickly. I did the traditional cursory glance to see if anyone had seen me, straightened up, started to walk, and my heel slipped AGAIN.

At this point, I had reached the coffee machine and patiently tried not to flip out as I felt embarrassment coming, and also tried not to worry about the fact that I was about to start walking again but with HOT liquid in my cup - "good grief, you can't even WALK?" said my head - so I tippy-toed off the linoleum surface and back to the carpeted area where I trusted my heels to be back on the ground, got back to the office, crossed one leg over the other -- well, no ****, my shoes were slippery. I'd lost the bottom of one heel. Good grief - a footwear mishap I didn't even know could happen. But, I put it back on and I think it'll hold until I can get ahold of some superglue…

So, I think it's about the end of the work day for me now. I'll check in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment