Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Happenings.

It was a rather gray day today - but I kind of liked the fog and drizzle.
I went and caught up with a friend today in a café as we both studied -she for Organic Chemistry, me for this GRE schtuff, as I said before. (I was just now doing some of the review problems for the baby math - I can't remember the last time I actually thought about a "Train A leaves city Blah at exactly Whocares o'Clock" problem. It was kind of funny listening to my thoughts. I was definitely deciding which it was actually important for me to work through in the problem sections and at one point, I read "What is the value of f(x)=2x^5 - 72x + 5 if x=-3?" And my head just said, "NO." My brain cracks me up. I think I can do that stuff. ;) As per usual, I've realized my biggest issue is reading the whole damn problem. "Don't be hasty, " a wise old tree once said. I need to tell myself that multiple times a day!)

After that, I came back home and Diana taught me how to make mozzarella!

Curds and whey. What the hell was Little Miss Muffet thinking?

Stretching the cheeeeeese. :) (Gloves because it's quite hot at this stage! And delicious as well. :D )

Cute little ball-o-cheese. I think I overstretched it a bit, so it's not that silky-smooth, melty masterpiece we can buy for ridiculous amounts of money, but it DOES taste like mozzarella and is perfect for salads (caprese or other) and sandwiches!

Then, I got some help playing guitar from Athena. She's such fun to jam with! In addition, I witnessed again today one of the many surprises of nature (and one that I know well): the ability of younger siblings (sisters, in particular) to annoy the crap out of their older siblings and to excel at this particular ability more than any other. Just look at that smile!

I went a bit crazy with my salad for the evening, topping it with that lovely, lovely cheese! (Kale, tomatoes, snap peas, carrots, sunflower seeds, raisins, blueberries, cucumber, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil. Yummmm.)

Then I started putting together my lunch for tomorrow and my weekly container of granola to take to the office. I love making lunches. When I was a wee thing, I used to ask my parents what was for breakfast when they tucked me in to bed at night. I haven't changed much.

And these purple carrots are possibly the coolest things I've ever seen.
The nice part about thinking it was Saturday for almost all of Thursday last week is that I woke up really thinking I was going to have to go to work today, which wasn't the case. Alas, it is tomorrow, but - I like my work, so that's alright. This week will be unorthodox with the big test in the middle anyway, so I think it'll go quickly. Time's going quickly in general.

And now, I'm going to end the day the way I started it: lying in bed while watching an old episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment