Saturday, June 8, 2013

I found the ocean at the end of the road.

I was on my own tonight and so I decided to go for a walk. I knew that the ocean was at the end of this road that I'm living next to, but I had never been there- I've seen the Pacific lots of times, but not from the Sunset, which is what they call the neighborhood I'm living in.

On the way, I saw some remarkable California flora.


And it was starting to get dark as I walked, urged along by a prowling bank of fog.


And finally, I got to the sand dunes and the water. The wind was no joke:


At this point my glasses were coated with flog and blowing sand, but it didn't really matter. I was listening to a podcast about philosophy and physics and it all seemed rather fitting.

It was quite a lovely walk. I haven't even attempted to capture any of Golden Gate Park - instead, how about anyone who is interested just come and visit? Tell you what - if you make the effort and come here, I'll pick a lovely route to walk and provide the food for a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment