Friday, June 28, 2013

Sometimes you just gotta.

Up at 5:45, running in the park by 6:05 - fog everywhere, including between my glasses and my face (I really should learn to just go with my contacts in the morning if I'm going to run that early), and music everywhere from Metallica to Lady Gaga since my iPod was on complete random. During the last leg of my run, there were about six sprinklers going across the path in front of me - a good forty feet of path where I would be drenched at every step. I could have gone around. I could have gone a different route, changing the path I had in my head. Or I could go straight through it. And that was what I did. I got hit with water all across my torso, on the side of my head, and my bare legs - my hair was hilariously two-toned when I got back to the house, and my glasses were a mess, but I couldn't stop smiling from that incident all the way back to the house.

And then, after I showered and was getting my things for the day in order, I put on an old episode of TNG, and you know what, it was just a lovely morning.

Also, I just got handed The Handbook of Structured Finance. My assignment is to read the first 5 chapters this weekend. I'll actually get some background on this stuff I'm working on - my boss sent me a complicated algorithm the other day to "get familiar with" (I've said this before, but I have NO background in econ, and some incredibly theoretical background in probability, but not much) - and he saw my face and said, "You look like I just tossed you into the arena with a spoon. I'll give you some background on Friday!!" And he did. And I want nothing more but a comfy library chair, some nice notebook paper, lots of pens, and time to read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment