Tuesday, June 11, 2013

That'll teach me to take life too seriously.

There were two instances yesterday during which I realized - rather, life made me realize - that I was taking things too seriously. The first moment was when I walked into the office in the morning, a little out of sorts for some reason or another, and was in one of the modes when I was just worrying about what would become of my life and as I was musing, I walked into the bathroom, looked into the mirror and do you know what life delivered? A pimple DIRECTLY ON THE TIP OF MY NOSE. I stood there and laughed for a good minute at the ridiculousness of it all and when back into the office in a much better mood.

It turned out to not be such a good day and in the afternoon, I went for a run once I got home to shake off the residual work day feelings. I was in quite a down mood, listening to down music, and fancied to myself that I was running away in some way as I wove my way between the trees in the park. Just as I was feeling some tears creep into my eyes I LEGITLY SWALLOWED A BUG mid-stride. Again, this caused disbelief and laughter and I paused on the trail to giggle for a while.

So, let's not take life too seriously, okay? Okay. Or maybe the lesson is just that I should close my mouth when I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment