Sunday, September 30, 2012

A few beautiful things I saw yesterday.

 What qualifies for one piece of cake at CafĂ© Milano. Fantastically huge.
 Two discoveries at The Berkeley Bowl - one of my favorite cheeses from last year, and mountains of produce worthy of a Thai market. Including rambutan! (a fruit I have only seen once since Thailand-  not pictured here, since I ate all of them. Seriously.)
 Two lovely magnets at the house of the kids I was watching.
 The note my former guitar student placed next to my bed last night, and a tall and fancy glass of water - while I was talking with her parents once they got home, she dashed downstairs, made the guest bed and put all of this there (including mints on the pillows) without my noticing. I was so touched I had tears in my eyes. (Do you see the math symbols on the card??)

No comments:

Post a Comment