Friday, September 28, 2012

Convocation

So, I am convoting this morning. Or convocating. Or convocationing. Whatever the verb form of Convocation is, that's what I'm doing this morning - what we, the graduating class of 2013 are doing.

Basically, Convocation is the official start to the 2012-13 academic year where the College president makes a speech, lots of people are invited and are encouraged to wear their class colors and the seniors, which includes me, wear their robes that they will wear at Graduation (but we don't get to wear our cool hats yet - we aren't actually graduating today -- though that would be awesome). The seniors are honored during the ceremony and before that we get free food (yes!) and - I dunno. After that, for the rest of the day, we feel awesome because we're seniors?  I think that's the plan, and I am so excited.

Whoa. So, I just put on my robe so that I could give you guys a picture of me in it, but first of all, with the material that the robe is made of, my hair became very staticy and I now need to go and get it under control. Second of all, I can't hold my phone far enough away from me to take a picture. I will make sure that some pictures are taken during the course of the morning! Maybe I'll even use a camera and not my phone. Crazy!

As for the rest of the day, well, today is my first Algebra exam. And I'm excited. The worst part of exams is the days leading up to them - when you think you should study, you don't know how much, when is it alright to stop studying, etc. As soon as you get handed the exam paper, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Yes, maybe there's a problem that you're unsure of, but the mystery is gone. After an hour, it'll be over. Plus, the weirdo that I am, I kind of enjoy the mental exercise of not being able to use notes, old homework, the internet or anything to answer questions. My brain likes it. That doesn't mean I always do well - I have this tendency to be, well... hasty. That's my goal this year: don't be hasty on exams. I have lost so many silly points on exams over the years because I DON'T THINK CLEARLY at that time. I'm not panicking by any means - I'm chill and happy, but - I overlook things. Things that I know how to do. So, I'll do my best not to do that this year. Starting today!

Alright, I should go get ready! :) See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment