Thursday, September 20, 2012

Overheard conversations.

Apparently, I am just way too happy-go-lucky. I just overheard a conversation about the horrible homophobic and racist nature of Ice Age and that we shouldn't show movies like that to our children. Seriously?

We all know that Disney movies are formulaic and incredibly guy-saves-girl oriented. You're not surprising anyone by pointing that out.

But really, my main problem or point when it comes to these kinds of discussions is this: don't we have better things to do?


-------

For example, I came up with a stunning conversation topic last night: what would onions be like if they didn't have layers?

Think about it. That's the kind of stuff I like to think about.

P.S. I trust that you know I am reasonably intellectual and not as silly as I sometimes seem. Sometimes, I just can't stand the RIDICULOUSNESS of this so-called academia...
P.P.S. I also kind of love academia. Just not that kind of it.

It's complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment