Sunday, September 23, 2012

A quiet Sunday

I woke up today and I was happy. I hadn't noticed how unhappy I had been the rest of the week until this morning. I mean, I knew that I was sick, but - today, even though I can't breathe, cough sometimes, and have a scratchy throat that makes my voice sound funny, I'm in a really good mood - and am very grateful for that.

With my incredibly low energy yesterday, I also managed to get a whole lot done. I mean look at this - today, I even have the time to properly drink a cup of tea while I write this and I also had the time to do something that I haven't done in ages - write a letter. I wrote a letter to the director of the Middlebury program in Mainz. She was so sweet to all of the students and we had coffee with her about once a month and talked about everything that was going on, and she was always ready to help students if they needed anything. I really wanted to thank her for that and, frankly, I miss her, so I thought a letter was a nice idea. (Plus, with the stationary that was a birthday present from a certain lovely friend of mine, the letter was ten times better)

There is a pretty big hole in my heart where Mainz used to be. This weekend, though, thanks to C and her mother, my German resumé was also completed, which means I can start to look even more seriously at internships for next year. I can't even explain how excited I am!

--

I have to go and do some studying for an Algebra exam now, but I will write again this week, hopefully when I am healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment