Saturday, September 15, 2012

How much work and how much play?

Good morning. I'm starting off my Saturday in a way that I never thought I would - sitting in bed while watching The Battleship Potemkin, since I couldn't stay for the showing of it during class on Thursday. However, in my film music class on Tuesday, we talked about this film and watched the horrifically painful scene of the Odessa Steps from start to finish. Now, to make this all even more ironic, while doing the reading for my film music class last Monday, the author discussed the Odessa Steps scene at great length, and I had never seen it - so, I went and searched on youtube and watched it. If you are keeping track, that means that when I started watching this movie today, I had already seen the Odessa Steps scene twice within the week, so as soon as it started for the third time around, I decided to use the time to write a blog entry, and here I am.

This week was an intense one. We had an algebra assignment that we discussed in class - down to the solutions of about half of the problems and after that, we were to turn it in the next day. Even with the solutions to half of them, it still took me three hours to complete. That assignment sort of set the tone for the week. However, I've also had a great deal of fun this week. Last night we made carrot cake cupcakes with a friend, I went to Rockridge and had coffee at my favorite cafe in the area that I hadn't been to in over a year, and there was a lot of hanging around in the evenings with friends.  Erin and I took advantage of the lovely weather the other night as you can see below:




 And, after making cupcakes last night, I was convinced to try on and walk around in the tallest pair of shoes I have ever seen - and I didn't wobble even once. I was quite proud of myself! (this picture doesn't show the inch that was also under my toes - these shoes made me TALL. Seriously.)
I would love to stay here and keep writing, but unfortunately, homework calls. I have to finish Potemkin and then decide where to go from there. Oh so many choices. I'll keep you posted if anything else exciting happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment