Monday, September 17, 2012

Sometimes the college life rocks.

8 a.m., drinking a cup of coffee, writing an essay about injustice, and dancing along to Die Toten Hosen, Lady Gaga, and Spring Awakening (with my headphones in - not everyone wakes up at 6:45, and I don't want to awaken those lazybones with my music - so I'm lip-synching and having a blast).

Though I may whine about the workload at times, there is something quite blessed about having only one obligation for four years - learning. That's pretty damn incredible. True, I wish I could get paid to learn as opposed to paying to learn, but still. As a 21 year old, this is all I have known in my life - being a student. It's been 16 years since I started in this school system and by now, I'm pretty good at being a student. And I'm starting to get nostalgic about it before it's even ended. I'll live it up this year, don't worry.

--

P.S. I still remember the time when I was about 12 years old and talking to an older girl who I thought was so cool, a friend of my sister, and I mixed up the words "lethargic" and "nostalgic". Every time I write either one of those words, I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment