Thursday, July 4, 2013

"Being that I flow in grief, the smallest twine may lead me."

I just got back from seeing Joss Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing'. It is really, really worth seeing. The above quote was one I must have heard before (I've seen movie and live versions of the play at least four times) but I actually heard the words this time, not just the gyst, and I thought it was beautiful.

It's also lovely to be in Santa Cruz. I liked going to San Jose by train yesterday - I just love trains. Something about that form of travel really fits me - I wish it were an option more often.  I made myself laugh repeating in my head all the phrases that the conductors on the DB say on trains in Germany - it was funny to imagine that on Caltrain. The trains are a bit different, but I enjoy both nonetheless. It certainly brought up memories of last year, however different the trains may be.






And finally, one other fantastic quote from the play/film to end with.

I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest.

Beatrice and Benedick's romance is so much fun to watch. And I love how all the same issues (how to express love, being to proud, messing around with friends - minus the throwing a bride aside because she's not a virgin) are still so accessible today. Shakespeare knew a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment