Monday, July 8, 2013

Starting the day in the East Bay

Cup of coffee? Check. Music? Check. GRE study book? Check.

All those parts of my morning are the same - but here, there's no Golden Gate Park, but there is a plum tree. No muni to get to work, but there is Bart, and thank goodness, right now the strike is on hold. No Samuel and Athena to make me smile, but for that, there's two hilarious chickens in the backyard, and they provide me with eggs which I suppose is something Samuel and Athena didn't do, but they aren't as good for conversation. 

I am going to do some math work and then start this work week, though the four day weekend was proper bliss. I wish everyone luck on this Monday. Also, in the meantime, here's a picture everyone should see. Xkcd really is one of the best webcomics of all time.

1 comment:

  1. As I discovered fifty -odd years ago when I had a job analysing a questionnaire distributed by anthropologist Sol Tax, the political spectrum lines up very nicely with the field purity spectrum. The more pure, the more leftwing. The only difference is that engineers are even farther to the right than economists.

    ReplyDelete