Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend

I crashed into this weekend. I stumbled and fell, slept and felt dazed, drank tea and thought. That's sort of how it felt the whole time. I went to Santa Cruz with my friend Carly and had a good time, but inside I felt really confused, mixed-up, and out of place. I just got back to Berkeley and have realized that part of what made the weekend wonky was that I was doings things because I felt I should, and hardly any of them because I wanted to. And I'm doing something I want to do right now, and have been for the past hour, and it's like breathing fresh air after a transatlantic flight.

I found my journal from Thailand and spent some time rereading it yesterday.

I saw this picture at a friend's house and found it so sweet.


And I went and greeted the chickens and the yard after a weekend away, and was rewarded with this.
Now I'm going to go on a walk with a good friend and mostly just keep breathing for the rest of the evening. No more shoulds for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment