Thursday, July 11, 2013

First of a few goodbyes.

Yesterday, one member of the Primarq team left on a family-related trip and he won't be back in the office until after I leave, so it was our last day working together. (I believe he'll be back maybe two days before I fly out but on a weekend, so perhaps the team will go and get dinner or something.) He's been so friendly and supportive from the get-go and has taught me a lot, and I wanted to thank him for that before he left, so we had this very short message exchange:

The last line about the Postal Service is particularly sweet because I only mentioned in passing once that I enjoyed their music and he passed along to me information about a concert of theirs in Berkeley next weekend (I don't know if I'll be going or not, but the gesture is still lovely).

Tonight is a big get-together for tech startups in the Bay Area along with people who are interested in such startups and potential small-scale investors in such startups. 25 companies who are attending (a lot more are coming than that) get to do a 4-5 minute pitch. Primarq is one of those 25 companies. Guess who's pitching? (AAAAAAAH). This was Yaniv's idea, the guy who just left. Anyways, I'm nervous and was rehearsing the pitch up until I couldn't keep my eyes open last night, but after all - it's only a few minutes. I think I'll be okay. Only about 500 people are supposed to be there.

Ever want to separate your brain from your body? Or your emotions from your brain and your brain from your body? Then tonight, I could send the portion of my brain that understands Primarq along with my body to this event. The rest of my brain could go study for the GRE, and my emotions? Well, they can go and take a bubble bath, if there is such a thing for emotions. That'd be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment