Saturday, July 20, 2013

So Far - This is what my birthday looks like.

I was informed I had plans last night - at a certain address in San Francisco. Erin directed me there, I had no idea what was going to happen, and we ended up seeing this show - (everything under the sun was ridiculed. Justin Bieber to Michelle Obama, Wicked to the San Francisco Giants -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sang parts from Les Mis, and of course, Madonna sang 'Surviving Gravity'. I won't reveal any more. My throat is sore from laughing and cheering!) we sat in the balcony, feet away from the actors, witnessed incredible vocal talent and laughed our asses off. While drinking champagne and eating chocolate. It was beautiful.

We went to the Starry Plough, a local pub with some friends - where some local musicians stood on their upright basses while they sang to us. This band included a cello, an upright bass a guitar, and a didgeridoo. I should say that Erin and I had barely walked in from our play experience, put our bags on the floor, when I got a text message from my friend Molly saying she was outside our door! So, we put coats and shoes back on, and out we headed. Not expected, and awesome.

And then this lass started singing, and it was incredible. Turns out, she was on The Voice, a show I've never watched but I can see why. It was such good music and she was such a good performer - it really was a great way to end the evening. I really encourage you to check her out here and here - the first is her clip on The Voice, and the second something more akin to what we saw last night. :)

This is really what my birthday looks like to me. Awesome.
I have talked to my mom, sister, and dad already - got a Sriracha cookbook from Erin (!!!!!!), and some lovely gifts from my family already. We're going to stroll through a farmer's market now with more friends and then get everything ready for the party tonight. I'm sure there'll be more pictures to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment