Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What Recent Mills Grads Talk About

My friends have jobs over the summer - one a real job that she's had since January (graduated mid year), and the other a summer internship, both in fields related to their majors. And the other day, we had this conversation over a group chat.

--

Friend One (recent grad in International Relations):
    Spending my afternoon criticizing the work of NGOs in Nigeria. Dear god, help me! I didn't think I'd become a corporate robot this fast!!

Friend Two (also a recent grad in International Relations):
    Haha, it's fine. I backstop Americas export of capitalism. Literally my job. Had to defend US actions in Poland after the fall of communism yesterday.

Me:
    I'm hobnobing with real estate investors. We've all lost our souls.


Friend Two:
    Never too early to sell out.

----


Wonder how all the other members of the Class of 2013 are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment